Saturday, October 14, 2017

How Can I Obtain the Signature of an Inmate on a Legal Document?

At various times, it is necessary to obtain the signature of an inmate on a legal document.  For example, a power of attorney form may be needed in the event the inmate wants to assign a friend or relative to handle business transaction/s.  

Other types of legal forms that require a notary are the Inability to Appear, Divorce Decree, Trust Deed or Health Care Directive forms.

A Mobile Notary can assist with obtaining the signature of an inmate detained in a detention center (jail).  

If you do not have the individual’s driver license or passport, the Notary Public can now accept the following identification: 1) An inmate identification card issued by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, if the inmate is in custody in California state prison; 2) Any form of inmate identification issued by a sheriff’s department, if the inmate is in custody in a local detention facility. 

The Doc Xpert has over 10 years of experience notarizing all types of documents.  We travel to jail locations in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.  Feel free to give Cynthia J. a call at 951.468.8056 for assistance.